Get out of Teaching and into Training
Training Consultant, London Bridge
For some newly qualified teachers, the reality of working in a school can make it challenging to realise their passion for sharing their knowledge and inspiring people. Having invested a lot of time, energy, money and emotion in learning the key skills of teaching it can be hard to think about how these can be successfully redirected, while still teaching people useful skills, in a positive environment.
Optimum offers teachers, who want a change of direction, the opportunity to keep working on the key parts of the job they still enjoy in a rewarding, forward looking sector. There is the chance to utilise newly developed skills, acquired during teacher training or as a school teacher, but entirely changing the audience, subject and environment. This enables people to stay in a teaching role while changing the focus, and in doing so, enhancing their working experience and making it more rewarding. Deciding to leave teaching can be hard but the skills that make a teacher can be transferred to a role as a Training Consultant with Optimum.
As a training consultant at Optimum you will develop and deliver training on a variety of IT systems. You will gather information on the new system, and processes that people need to follow, and create training material that enables people to understand their new way of working. Every client works in a unique way so Optimum creates tailored learning materials and session so that they align with the specific technology and processes involved on the project. By effectively showing people how to use the new IT system their confidence is increased and they are open to using the new technology.
Optimum consultants work in all sectors and interact with all levels of staff within an organisation. A training program will have lots of elements so that each audience, within the business, is only learning what it relevant to them and will enable them to do their job. Optimum consultants work in teams on each project, clients can be based UK or internationally.
All the work you do will be bespoke to the client, providing new challenges and areas of interest on each project. You will receive professional development to get you up to speed in readiness for your first project. Being part of a team of 20+ Optimum Training Consultants means you will receive ongoing mentoring and support throughout your time here. We have a track record of successfully working with ex-teachers who have chosen to leave the teaching profession, without losing their core skills.
Your role will entail the following elements:
- You will learn and digest new system functionality and business processes, translating these in to a language that an end-user will understand to bring about change.
- You will produce an array of learning documentation so written skills are imperative. The types of material you would produce includes: Quick cards, Presentations, Lesson Plans, Reference guides, Video scripts, eLearning scripts, Lanyard/Z-card learning tools.
- You will deliver classroom training, presentations and possibly record videos and eLearning.
- You will provide at desk support to end users once system have been implemented.
- You must be a team player.
Here is what we’re looking for:
- Have experience building working relationships
- Have excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Be educated to degree level
- Be able to absorb detailed information quickly and effectively
- Have a people focus and be able to work effectively and confidently with people from a wide range of backgrounds
- Be independent and resilient, and happy with constant challenge and change
- Be prepared to be occasionally based away from home during the working week depending on the client’s location – usually working a pattern of on/off-site
- Be prepared to occasionally travel around the UK and Overseas
You will work with our talented team of Training Consultants on various client projects for a range of industry sectors (e.g. Manufacturing, Engineering, Charities, Retail, Life Sciences, Public Sector, Media and Professional Services) on various business systems & ERP solutions such as Microsoft Dynamics, SAP, Unit4 Business World, Oracle JD Edwards and IFS gaining valuable business and technical experience. Just some of the clients we have recently partnered with include: Pandora, Pfizer, Dairy Crest, Save the Children, Kings College London, Kodak, Amec Foster Wheeler, Dr. Martens, Hunter Boots, House of Commons and The National Trust.
A laptop, mobile phone and other equipment is also provided.
For further information and to submit your CV, please visit: https://www.optimum.co.uk/join-optimum/
Optimum is a leading ERP consultancy that supports Business Transformation and specialises in user focused training. Our mission is to bring people and technology together to make change happen. Optimum consultants and analysts work with major blue-chip organisations to support business transformation by providing training solutions, communications expertise and technology-based learning resources. Our role on client implementation projects is to ensure that their people fully engage with the new business systems so that the organisation achieves the maximum return on investment.
|Job Category||Training Provider|
|Salary||Up to £32,000 plus benefits|