We’re on a mission to revolutionise education! Beyond the Classroom is a youth led education social enterprise. We deliver innovative life-skills programmes to young people, with an emphasis on the performing arts, youth leadership and peer-mentoring.
We deliver effective, evidence-based programmes to equip young people with the knowledge and tools they need to be leaders of their own lives and communities. We currently have a focus on supporting young people from low-income and minority ethnic backgrounds aged 11 to 19. At our core, is a belief in the absolute importance of social mobility and the knowledge that young people are the solution to many of our society’s challenges, not the problem!
Our programmes fit into two thematic areas – Relationships & Wellbeing and Careers & Leadership.
Person Specification We’re looking for a strategic individual who networks, makes connections, builds relationships, and pursues opportunities. You will lead our efforts to generate revenue with new clients by executing a new business development protocol. You will research industry segments and company profiles, follow up on trade leads and opportunities for charitable giving.
The ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic individual, with strong communication skills. You will have a can-do attitude with the drive and self-motivation to deliver strong results, embrace challenges and seize opportunities for organisational growth. You will be self-motivated, resilient, organised, good-humoured and outgoing. We are looking for an individual who will enjoy being a passionate advocate and ambassador for Beyond the Classroom and the impact our work has on the lives of young people.
During your career, you will have established a strong network – which you are keen to call upon in order to create new opportunities for young people from diverse backgrounds and support them in raising and realising their aspirations.
You will thrive in a small, creative and resourceful team and be willing to work flexibly within the remit of your role. If you share our vision for an education system which best prepares young people to address contemporary issues and would like the opportunity to work with a small, dynamic, proactive and exciting social organisation, this could be the role for you!
The Role: This position involves working directly with our entrepreneurial executive director to drive the organisation forward at a crucial time of growth. You will be expected to get stuck in at different levels of operations, in order to achieve results. We aim to take a commercial approach to resolving social challenges. The role Involves building, maintaining and establishing effective partnerships with businesses, schools, community organisations, trusts and foundations. You will be responsible for delivering the desired outcomes of contracted projects, with a focus on ensuring repeat business.
Your primary role will be to generate revenue to support the growth and sustainability of our work for the benefit of our young people. You will be able to strategically spot new opportunities within existing relationships and turn potential into reality, in-line with organisational perspectives.
Business Development & project management
• Developing strategies, pitch materials, funding bids and business plans for meeting growth and revenue milestones
● Identifying new opportunities, supporting their development and managing the project delivery cycles for successful bids
● Maintaining client and grant-maker reporting systems and ensuring that assigned projects remain compliant with contractual requirements
● Liaising with partners and internal stakeholders to manage the successful delivery and administrative responsibilities associated with each project
Stakeholder management and Partnership Development
● Maintaining and developing new, mutually beneficial relationships with businesses, schools and community groups to support our objectives of raising the skills and aspirations of young people
● Being responsible for the day-to-day management of client, funder and trust relationships, including meeting reporting deadlines
The successful applicant will have:
• A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role
• Excellent interpersonal skills and exceptional written and oral communication skills
• An imaginative and enthusiastic approach to completing tasks
• Proven passion for youth and or community development and an interest in working with young people of diverse and challenging backgrounds
• Willing to undertake a full DBS check
• Good leadership skills with an emphasis on collaboration
• Reliable and able to work on your own initiative (to schedule, and within budget)
• Open to learning new skills and experiences, within the BTC model
● A creative flair demonstrated by either: a keen eye for aesthetic, film-making experience, graphic content design skills
● Driving licence and access to a vehicle
● A degree qualification in a relevant field
*Before making your application for this role, it is strongly advised that you read our top tips
To apply, email: Amma Mensah firstname.lastname@example.org
• 2-3 page CV and 1 page cover letter in a single document
• What you would like to gain from working with us
• Where you heard about this position
• Please only send information relevant to this role
Closing date: 11:59pm Sunday 5th May
|Job Category||Education Social Enterprise|
|Salary||£30,000 – £40,000|
|Deadline||5th May 2019|