“A tech startup like no other”
Beam is the world’s 1st crowdfunding platform that helps disadvantaged people to train up and get into work.
Funded by the Mayor of London, Nesta and some of the UK’s top tech entrepreneurs, Beam has rapidly proven a powerful new model to help disadvantaged people train and get into rewarding work. Beam is today focused on helping homeless people in hostels.
A top global ‘Tech for Good’ venture and social enterprise, Beam has been covered widely, including by the BBC, Times, FT, Independent, Evening Standard and Sky.
As a Member Manager, you’re on the front-line of Beam, working closely with our amazing members to support them on their journey away from homelessness through rewarding work.
You’re deeply empathetic and emotionally mature, as well as happy working with the latest technologies and apps in a data-driven way.
You’re process-driven and fastidious as well as a creative problem-solver, able to manage demanding workloads in a fast-paced startup environment.
You see the positive and potential in those often associated with the negative.
You’re passionate about changing the lives of vulnerable people for the better through innovation and ready for the most rewarding work of your life.
Member Managers are part of Beam’s “Member Support” team – a fast-growing part of Beam. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
The position is based in Moorgate, London, although may require co-locating within London, and reports to Chief Operating Officer, Seb Barker.
- Collaborating smartly with our brilliant referral partners
- Supporting our amazing members to achieve life-changing, positive training and employment outcomes
- Building a strong, respectful and professional working relationship with Beam members
- Supporting members to create content for their campaigns using our proprietary in-house technology
- Producing detailed risk assessments and case notes
- Working to KPIs and constantly looking to improve the Beam model
- >1 year high-quality professional experience in a startup, social enterprise or the homelessness sector
- Experience working with vulnerable individuals – or huge enthusiasm to excel in that field (don’t worry, we provide significant training to Member Managers)
- Passion for innovation and social impact
- Thrives under pressure and in fast-paced environments
- High level of written articulacy
- Highly detail-orientated and risk-aware while working with integrity and openness
- Entrepreneurial, get things done attitude
- Highly adaptable, personable and excited to work with people from diverse backgrounds
- Committed to promoting equality of opportunity in London and far beyond
Compensation & Perks
- £25-35k – we’re open to hearing from a broad range of experiences
- Additional EMI-qualifying share options in Beam
- Stunning coworking office in Moorgate
- Work-hard, play-hard culture with an annual mini-break
- Brand new MacBook Air or PC
- £200 annual learning and personal development budget
- ‘Beam team talks’ with some of the UK’s leading tech entrepreneurs
We’re a rapidly-growing, high-energy team who love our work and making a positive impact. If you believe in our purpose and want to learn fast and drive some major innovation, get in touch.
Click here to apply: Member Manager (Caseworker)
|Job Category||Social Enterprise|
|Salary||Up to £35,000|
|Deadline||4th July 2019|