We are a team of technologists, educators and entrepreneurs who are helping to transform an education system in which too many children still fall through the gaps.
We do this by building technology that connects a community of tutors from around the world to pupils in schools and homes across the UK, making effective one-to-one learning fairer and more accessible than ever before, so that no child has to be left behind. Since we started our mission in 2013, we’ve delivered half a million online maths lessons to over 45,000 pupils in schools and have recently launched our B2C product delivering lessons in homes.
We’re currently a team of 40+ based in East London with a community of hundreds of tutors across India and Sri Lanka. We’re growing quickly, we’re venture backed and are always looking for talented individuals to join us in scaling our business to the global opportunity that lies ahead.
We’re looking to hire a former primary school teacher to be our in house maths resources producer and help us to expand our company’s digital footprint, creating maths teaching content which raises awareness of Third Space Learning and Matr, driving prospects through our marketing funnel to become customers, as well as adding value for our paying customers (schools and parents).
The ideal candidate will be an experienced primary maths teaching and learning expert, who is enthusiastic about maths pedagogy and staying on top of the latest research in education.
You’ll be responsible for managing and updating all our existing resources – printed and video – that we share with schools and parents. In addition, you’ll take the lead on coming up with ideas for new resources and managing the end to end process to take them from conception through to publishing.
- Producing Content – You’ll be responsible for writing and creating both free and paid for maths resources that we share with teachers and parents. This will involve coming up with ideas from scratch as well as reworking or repackaging our existing resources.
- Editing – As chief editor you will ensure that our resources look fantastic and that they are grammatically perfect and typo-free.
- Project Management – You will manage the schedule and delivery of all content. We produce content in-house and commission work externally, so you’ll be required to work with freelancers, authors, designers and reviewers .
- Content Marketing – You will work closely with the Content Marketing Editor to provide academic guidance, insight and rigour to our maths blog posts and resources. When appropriate you’ll be tasked with repurposing blogs and turning them into engaging resources to use as lead magnets. As the expert on maths teaching and primary education you’ll also work with the wider team to provide copy, assets and outreach recommendations for owned channels such as landers, social media and influencer networks,
- Resource Library Management – You’ll be responsible for mapping out the strategy and timeline for how we share resources through our online libraries to drive engagement, as well as uploading content into our CMS in line with this.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
We’re looking for someone with a minimum of 3-4 years experience of primary school teaching, with a particular enthusiasm for maths. You’ll be able to prove that you’re proactive in creating, testing and implementing new resource ideas.
Experience of project management, editing and publishing as well as an interest in marketing in a startup environment is also preferable.
The role is ideal for those looking to move out of teaching, or who have recently moved out, and would like to develop a career in marketing, or educational technology, whilst still staying closely involved with the education sector.
We are a start-up, so change is part of our day-to-day. You will be as excited as we are to face and overcome new challenges and open to the possibility of an evolving role.
- BA/BSc or equivalent working experience
- Minimum of 3 years teaching experience in English state primary schools
- Detailed knowledge of the UK primary maths curriculum and up to date knowledge of research and different approaches to maths teaching
- Creativity and experience of making, reviewing and improving maths teaching resources
- A strong attention to detail, grammatical and numerical accuracy
- Editorial mindset that seeks to understand what audiences consume and how to create it
- Process-driven and organised
- Project management skills with experience managing the priorities of multiple stakeholders
- Driven, self-motivated, and a fast learner
- The ability to work well under pressure, produce desired results and meet deadlines
- Entrepreneurial mindset: you’re excited by coming up with ideas that drive growth and have the grit to carry them through
- Energy and creativity: positivity, enthusiasm and a passion for our mission are at the core of our team
- Experience using data analysis to inform decision making and/or experience using design software is beneficial, but not essential.
- Work with a fun and ambitious team, passionate about building a tech start-up and having a social impact on the world
- Opportunity to grow your career in one of the fastest growing EdTech businesses in London
- 25 days holiday
- Healthcare and pension plan
- We hold monthly socials and crack open a few beers every Friday afternoon!
- Our office is in Aldgate East, close to Shoreditch, Spitalfields, and a thriving Tech Startup scene.
To apply please submit your cover letter and CV here. Our selection process starts with a phone interview. If you’re successful we’ll invite you into the office for a second round interview.
We’ll hire as soon as we find the right candidate (no deadline) as we’re looking for someone to start as soon as possible.
|Salary||£25,000 - £35,000 depending on experience|
|Deadline||Apply as soon as possible|