Without GCSE English and maths, young people are more likely to drop out of education and are locked
out of many university courses, apprenticeships and key professions. This is a huge challenge for social
mobility in our country.
We want to change this story. Get Further is the first charity dedicated to providing free, innovative tuition
to young people who missed out on gateway English and maths GCSEs at school. Our tuition is delivered
by subject-specialist graduates, who are trained by expert English and maths teachers. Students who
complete the programme join our alumni network, where they are signposted to opportunities and receive
support with the transition into higher study and work.
We are seeking a qualified maths specialist with the teaching expertise and subject knowledge to oversee
the delivery of our maths curricula and training programmes. This includes designing and delivering new
training modules to our maths tutor trainees, observing tutorials and providing tailored feedback to ensure
tuition sessions are as effective as they can be. It also includes overseeing the delivery of our innovative
and pioneering GCSE maths resit curriculum, to maths teachers within the further education sector.
Get Further was founded in 2018 and is a winner of the Teach First Innovation Award. As a new education
charity, this role is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is both passionate about tackling educational
inequality and looking for work that offers considerable responsibility over a core function for the charity.
By working for Get Further, you will play a critical role in helping young people in further education get
back on track after the disruption to from COVID-19.
• You will lead the design and delivery of our maths tutor training programme, including new modules to
support the effectiveness of tutors on the programme.
• You will implement our innovative GCSE maths resit curriculum, acting as the point-of-contact for
teachers in our partner colleges, running training to support their delivery of resources, and ensuring
they have access to lesson materials.
• You will provide tailored feedback on delivery for both maths tutors and teachers in our partner
colleges, to ensure impact from our tuition and curricula, and identify opportunities where our curricula
and resources can be further improved.
• You’ll receive ongoing support, professional development and networking opportunities to advance
your career, alongside building skills in curriculum and Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
design, project management, and programme delivery.
• Get Further’s core benefits include 28 days’ holiday plus bank holidays (pro rata for part-time roles),
flexible working and employer contribution to pension.
• Qualified Teacher Status (or international equivalent)
• Experience of teaching GCSE maths for a minimum of 2 years
• If successful, you’ll need an up-to-date DBS Check
• Experience of delivering training to adults
• Experience of working in post-16 / further education
• You’ll be able to demonstrate the drive and commitment to making a difference in education, including
a track record of building maths skills and improving results for learners.
• You will be an excellent communicator, and be able to demonstrate that you can create effective
teaching and learning resources and convey complex information in a clear and engaging manner.
• You’ll have fantastic attention to detail and an exceptional knowledge of research-led strategies in
maths teaching and curricula design, alongside a commitment to high expectations for all students.
• You’ll be able to demonstrate that you are professional and resilient, with a clear level of insight and
understanding into the challenges facing students in further education today.
• We’re looking for team players. You’ll be able to demonstrate an aptitude for building and managing
relationships with colleagues, teachers and tutors at our partner colleges.
HOW TO APPLY:
Your application must include both a CV of no more than 2 sides of A4 and a supporting statement of
no more than 1 side of A4. Your supporting statement should highlight your interest in Get Further and
your motivation for undertaking this role. Please detail your relevant experience, ensuring this is in line with
the above role description / person specification. Please also detail your preferred start date.
Please send your application to email@example.com with the subject ‘Programme Manager’ by
11:59pm on Sunday 4th July 2021. Please note, suitable candidates will be contacted ahead of the closing
date and the closing date could be brought forwards. Incomplete applications will not be processed.
This is a UK-based post: applicants must be living in and have the right to work the UK; if applicable
please detail your visa status in your covering email. Get Further is an equal opportunities employer and
will not discriminate against any candidate on the basis of any characteristic protected by the Equality Act
|Hours||Part Time (2 to 3 days a week)|
|Salary||£33,350 - £39,350 pro rata, (plus London weighting allowance of £3,000 per annum, if applicable)|
|Contract||Fixed term 12 months|
|Location||Home-based working and some travel to Get Further’s partner colleges and our office in London (once the lockdown ends)|
|Deadline||4th of July|