Job Title: Managing Director
Location: Piccadilly Circus, London
Reporting: Executive Chair, Board of Directors
VotesforSchools is a rapidly growing education company based in Piccadilly Circus, London. Now employing 6 people, the business was founded in February 2016 and has successfully established itself as a fast-growing company in the UK education sector and is now active in over 500 schools in England and Wales. VotesforSchools is an educational digital content company, operating in the school’s market and is based on a paid-for subscription service. It delivers quality resources for teachers at Primary, Secondary, College and Alternative Provision settings. A weekly online vote, on a topical issue taken from the news agenda, drives student debate, engages young people and delivers resources to teachers in a government-mandated area of the curriculum. Where appropriate, VotesforSchools share their opinions with government, NGOs and business opinion formers.
VotesforSchools is looking for a talented, energetic and inspirational Managing Director to accelerate the business to the next level. The role will oversee delivery of the Board approved Business Plan and more specifically, lead the business to ensure achievement of sales targets, revenue, profitability and broader measures of performance. The role includes the management of sales operations & business operations and coordinates the processes, people and technology. The role reports to the Executive Chair and, working closely with the Director of Education, will shape and execute company strategy and enable delivery of measurable impact. The role has the potential to evolve into a CEO position reporting to a Non-Executive Chair.
VotesforSchools exists to empower teachers with innovative delivery of SMSC, including British values, through a weekly pupil vote, using quality resources. We want to help children and young people make informed decisions, develop a powerful voice and engage them in understanding the importance of democratic practice in everyday life.
Remuneration: Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
Application Process: Please submit a CV and cover letter highlighting relevant attributes and experience to Tim Medforth email@example.com by 5pm on Friday 3 May.
Team management & leadership:
- Maintain an effective working environment and empower team members with effective and practical technology, policies and processes.
- With the Director of Education develop a compelling employee proposition and engage and inspire staff to meet and beat clearly defined goals.
- Maintain effective communications to employees, the Board, investors and other relevant stakeholders.
- Maintain close awareness of the competitor landscape and apply this in the refinement of operations and strategy.
- Formulate, test and implement approaches to deliver impact and measure outcomes of the VotesforSchools programme.
- Proactive management of risks and engagement of the Board in matters relevant to the future success of the business.
Business & sales management:
- Continuously improve marketing, sales governance, sales reporting, dashboards, pipeline analysis, and customer relationship management.
- Coordinate sales forecasting, planning and allocation of team capacity to assure delivery of sales targets including development of remedial strategy.
- Exploit digital strategies to generate demand and enable fulfilment via a digital channel.
- Engage as appropriate in large and important sales opportunities to improve customer confidence and increase win probability.
- Implement approaches and strategies to assure delivery of resubscriptions target (through assuring excellent customer experience).
- Engage as appropriate in partnership and other relationships which have the potential to positively impact sales growth and resubscription.
Information, IT & finance management:
- Continuously improve operating procedures relevant to the company’s maturity.
- Report regularly on metrics and processes to evidence performance and improvement.
- Develop the Technology Platform to assure efficient delivery of the VotesforSchools proposition and customer satisfaction.
- Manage other aspects of IT to assure the effective and efficient operation of the company e.g. CRM, Finance, IT, etc.
- Manage the company financial accountant in the provision of appropriate financial information and assuring legal compliance.
- Assure compliance with employee and broader company legislation (engaging professional advice where appropriate).
Skills & Knowledge:
- A passion for the VotesforSchools mission and relevant personal attributes (creative, analytical, entrepreneurial, innovative).
- Strong commercial acumen with an understanding of the education market and insight to subscription based business models.
- Experience of working in the education sector in either a school or company-based capacity with some knowledge of education-specific sales.
- Proven experience in managing sales and business operations and working as a peer in a senior management team.
- Attention to detail and willingness to roll up sleeves to assure outcomes and targets relevant to a smaller business.
- Confident and effective communication with good verbal and written communication skills.
- Relevant experience of digital sales and marketing.
- An understanding of the challenges and requirements for a subscription-based education company.
- Experience in a start-up environment ideally within the EdTech sector.
- Insight to the international education sector.
|Salary||Competitive salary commensurate with experience|
|Location||Piccadilly Circus, London|
|Deadline||Friday 3rd May 2019 (5pm)|