Many teachers considering alternative careers still want to make an impact on children’s lives. If that’s you, why not bring it into your own home? Becoming a childminder means utilising your background in education to help raise a new generation of kind, confident, inquisitive kids.
At Koru Kids, we call our childminders ‘Early Educators’. That’s because they are doing so much more than ‘minding’ children. A childminder plays a major role in those all-important first steps towards learning and exploration. It is a truly rewarding job for someone who loves children and has a passion for helping them thrive.
The role is a minimum of four days per week, usually 8am-6pm (but you can work five days if you prefer). We’ll cover all the training costs for you to become a registered childminder (worth £3,000). You’ll work from your own home and our early educators typically earn £30-40,000 a year–but we can set you on a career path to earning £70,000. Crucially, you can also have your own children home with you, saving childcare costs too!
We have a fantastic training course helping you convert your teaching knowledge to childminding. We cover the basics like safeguarding, first aid and food hygiene and the EYFS–so welcome applicants who’ve taught all age ranges. But we go much further to also include business training, an outdoor learning/forest education module, lots on what parents expect and positive behaviour management.
- We cover all your training costs
- We can get you qualified in as little as 8 weeks without any Ofsted hassle
- You’ll work from the comfort of your own home
- You can care for your own children at the same time, if you have them
- Once you’re up and running, we’ll take care of all the admin, billing, policies, insurance etc–leaving you to focus on the most important thing – the kids!
- You can also access a £500 interest free loan to help set up your home
- You’re in control of your earnings–you can expand your business or keep it small, whichever you prefer
More on pay:
A typical Koru Kids childminder working with 3 pre-school children will earn around £30-£40,000 per year. If you decide to expand your business, you can work with an assistant (with our help), and earn £50-£70,000.
A day in the life of a Koru Kids Early Educator:
- You’ll spend the day looking after three pre-school children, so every morning you’ll welcome them into your home
- Rain or shine, you’ll set off on an adventure in your local community, exploring green spaces and learning from nature
- After lunch and a nap (for the kids!) at home, you’ll spend the afternoon learning through play–whether that’s messy play, arts and crafts, or storytelling on the carpet
- You’ll have all the support you need to market and fill your places, manage parents, collect fees and manage your business from Koru Kids, so you can finish the day when the children leave. Our expectation around development tracking is minimal–in line with the new EYFS. So you really can kiss goodbye to evenings full of paperwork!
Childminding is a truly rewarding career. You’ll spend every day in the company of awesome tiny humans who are learning about the world. And, we’re behind you every step of the way.
Fill in our simple application form to apply! Application to become a Koru Kids Childminder
|Job Category||Business Opportunity|
|Salary||Around £30,000 - £50,000 or with an assistant £50,000 - £70,000|