Put the fun back into teaching science and create a work-life balance with a business that is both fun and educational. Fun Science branches offer practical science workshops, after school clubs, holiday clubs and parties to children aged 4-11. Fun Science is loved by teachers, parents and children for its hands-on approach to science with links to both the National Curriculum and the Scottish Curriculum for Excellence.
As a Fun Science branch owner, you will have access to a wide range of equipment and risk assessed lesson plans to ensure that you are able to run inspiring, exciting science sessions to all sorts of groups of children. Fun Science branch owners work with schools, community groups, entertainment agencies, charities and private individuals to make science accessible to all. Best of all, we take care of all the ‘business’ aspects such as building your website, arranging a booking system, sorting your graphic design and promotional materials, so that you can focus on teaching science – and making a profit!
Life as a fun scientist is never dull. One day you may be making edible poo and the next you are launching a rocket! Kids have a natural curiosity and Fun Science programmes harness this curiosity and turn it into investigation and experimentation. A Fun Science franchise is profitable too, and can be run full time or part-time to suit your existing commitments.
Fun Science franchises offer a low investment opportunity to run your own business. Exclusive UK territories cost just £4,995 set up fee with £150 a month maintenance fees (rising to £250 per month in year 3). There are no hidden costs, we do not take a percentage of your turnover and you do not have to purchase replacement equipment and materials through us enabling you to keep costs low (though we do offer a shop service if you would like this).Your start-up fee gets you a huge package including:
– Your own exclusive area with at least 50,000 children aged 5-11.
– Over £2000 worth of start-up equipment
– A space on our SEO optimised website with integrated booking system
– Automatic accreditation as a learning destination with the Children’s University.
– Your own @fun-science.org.uk email address
-Full uniform including polo shirts and lab coat
– 500 leaflets, 500 business cards, 250 schools brochures and the designs to reprint these
– Use of our promotional videos, high resolution images, logos, printable items, lesson plans and more.
– Social media accounts set up and initial posts and advertising to increase followers
– Help and support responding to initial emails and bookings
– A launch event in your area
– A full day of 1:1 training in your choice of location
Your monthly maintenance fee covers:
– Ongoing help and support at every step of your business journey including employing staff, dealing with incidents, business expansion etc.
– Use of our simple online booking system which makes taking bookings a breeze
– Continued access to over 500 downloadable documents including lesson plans, photos, videos, sample adverts, risk assessments, contracts, procedures for dealing with non-payment, email addresses of schools in your area etc.
– Access to our branch owners’ Facebook group for you to share ideas with other Fun Science branch owners.
– Ongoing premium online marketing
A Fun Science franchise gives you the flexibility to work as little or as much as you would like. You will be provided with all the resources and training to run birthday parties, workshops, holiday clubs and after school clubs. However, if you choose to focus on one service or to miss out one service all together, you can still earn a full-time wage working part time hours.
Who are we looking for?
Our branch owners come from a wide range of backgrounds from ex-teachers and teaching assistants to actors and everything in between! We are looking for individuals with a passion for teaching practical science and the enthusiasm to be able to make it fun.
We do have an application process and all new branch owners are subject to our safer recruitment checks to ensure the safety and well-being of the children you will be interacting with.
What are the next steps?
If you are interested, take a look at www.kidssciencefranchise.com for more information. You can also email email@example.com or call 07708214840. We will schedule calls and emails to ensure that all your questions have been answered before you make the decision to apply to be a franchisee. You can even come and shadow a session run by an existing branch and you are welcome to contact any of our branch owners.
Once your application and references have been approved, we set a date in the future to be your ‘launch date’. We will set up your website, email address and social media accounts and send you promotional materials so that you can start getting work booked in for after your launch date. During this time, you don’t pay any monthly fees so you can take things at your own pace with no pressure. After your training and launch, you will be supported fully to start hosting after school clubs, running parties and holiday clubs and even take on staff once you are ready.
“Martin was working as Head of Science in a secondary school before making the decision to start up his own Fun Science branch. The main reason behind this change was to seize the opportunity to be his own boss in a business that was still educational whilst being fun and entertaining – ‘Edutaining’. Martin started Fun Science Cheshire in June 2015 and as of January 2019 he runs clubs in 18 schools on a rotation basis with more schools currently on his waiting list as well as parties and workshops in Cheshire and surrounding areas. Martin fits running his branch around his 4 children who are now aged 12, 10, and 8 and 7. Martin’s favourite thing about running his branch is everyday is full-on, fun and flexible and fabulous feedback from parents, school staff, other adults and most importantly the children enriched by the Fun Science session!”
|Job Category||Business Opportunity|