THE OUTDOORS PROJECT
A fresh approach to childcare. Fresh air. Fresh activities. Fresh attitude.
ABOUT THE OUTDOORS PROJECT
Wind, rain or shine our clubs take place in schools, local parks and green spaces. Our clubs are perfect for developing friendships, trust, teamwork, confidence and essential life skills.
The Outdoors Project was a concept that grew from becoming increasingly concerned as a father watching my own three children spending too much time in front of screens. Growing up in America with dyslexia and finding classroom time challenging myself, I spent most of my childhood in the wood from dawn till dusk building dens and getting muddy.
It’s increasingly difficult as parents to enthuse and encourage children away from the technology which has become such a useful but sometimes consuming part of our lives.
After working for an outdoor children’s charity, several afterschool clubs, teaching rock climbing and bushcraft and having worked in the extreme sports industry for almost 9 years, I felt this was a passion that I wanted to pass on.
From small beginnings running activity sessions in parks in Brighton, we have now grown to welcome over a thousand children per week to our clubs and are inspired and motivated by their imaginations.
We have now expanded beyond our Brighton home with successful franchises in Bristol, East Sussex & West Sussex and have ambitions to expand the business nationwide.
We love what we do and feel that nature can provide reward, health, happiness and adventure.
WHY JOIN THE OUTDOORS PROJECT?
Whilst 2020 was not the easiest of years, it won’t be a surprise to hear that once we had clear guidance on how we could operate, demand for what we do is huge, we are struggling to keep up!
Outdoor activity clubs for children have never been more popular. Our franchisees have seen huge growth and demand within this sector over the last few years as parents are keen for their children to spend less time in front of a screen. This has become even more apparent during COVID-19 as indoor activities have been restricted. As an Outdoors Project franchisee you can be a part of this growth.
The Outdoors Project franchise offers the opportunity to run a profitable business, have a flexible lifestyle whilst creating a positive environment in your local community, having lots of FUN and we’ll be on hand to provide advice and support when you need it.
As a franchisee you will be providing opportunities to children within your community to learn and enjoy nature, nurturing a love of the outdoors.
The business can run in cities, towns or in the countryside and is scalable and flexible allowing you to build the business around your life situation.
WHAT MAKES A GOOD FRANCHISEE?
We are looking for people with the drive to run their own business, with a passion for nature and helping children shine.
Do you have your own goals and visions, are you ready to work hard. We can’t run your company for you but we can support and guide you to help you achieve your goals. Do you have self-motivation and commitment? Are you able to take advice, and follow structure and systems to run the business and maintain high standards?
Each franchise may have a different business model. We offer a variety of income streams; Holiday clubs and Weekend Clubs are the most lucrative of the clubs that we run, Saplings, School Workshops and After School Clubs offer a less time consuming opportunity and great marketing opportunities and regular year round sessions. Find a plan that suits your ambitions and financially works for you.
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
We have a whole programme in place ready to guide new franchisee’s through the process;
- Operations Manual – You are given step by step guide to how to run all aspects of the business in our comprehensive Operations Manual and we will put a training timeline in place to match your launch plan.
- Website, Booking and payment system. Each Franchisee has their own page on the website, loads their own courses – the system takes bookings and payments, creates registers, sends confirmation and information to customers. We offer booking systems training along with customer care advice. The Outdoors Project Email Address(s) – as required for your business.
- Activities: We deliver you new activities every term – this includes: kit lists and comprehensive ‘how to run sessions’ documents.
- Franchise owners and staff are given activity & procedures training and training notes three times a year.
- Staff ‘who and how to’ recruit, train, motivate and retain. Volunteer and Leadership & Development training programme
- Venues: how to find venues, what to look for, how to approach hire/using land
- Advice and access to 3rd party agents e.g. Insurance, DBS, First Aid providers at discounted rates where applicable. Support with DBS clearing system
- Timeline – help planning for business launch and going year planning
- New business and growing your business advise
- Administration and general operation guidelines
- Marketing/branding/social media support
- Photos/Artwork and marketing material templates
- Advice on Ofsted registration & Childcare Voucher/Tax Credit administration.
- Access to our training resources
- Advice on marketing strategies.
- Starter Kit (included in the Franchise fee) includes branded bag, initial Games kit and Nerf set kit and uniform.
- Customer Loyalty Card rewards system
- Details of our suppliers for merch, equipment and resources
- Built in data capture facilities/Mailchimp list and templates for newsletters
- Regular email updates, and timeline reminders as well as one to one support.
- There is someone at the end of the phone or an email away should you need some help or assistance.
WHAT CAN I EARN?
We can offer you a proven business model that is flexible and scalable and you can run your own business without the worry of taking a leap into the unknown. Each franchisee will have their own ambitions. Franchisees have the opportunity to influence their own income and determine at which level they would like to work. Turnover can range from £80,000 per annum to £320,000+ per annum depending on ambition and growth.
WHAT IS THE FRANCHISE FEE?
EARLY ADOPTERS PRICE £10,000 to the first 5 franchisees, after which the price will rise to £15,000.
We believe there is potential, for the right person to be up and running their own The Outdoors Project business in 3 months, ready for a busy 2021 Summer of fun, we are of course open to discussing longer term future planning.
START-UP FRANCHISE FUNDING: We can help you access business planning support and help with your application for a Government-backed Startup Loan
We know there is a lot to consider, we are happy to answer any questions you may have about the operational or business aspects of setting up a franchise or simply have a chat about how our franchising works and
how it might suit your current situation.
Do you want to find out more about what franchising involves and what we offer? Do you need help with financing and business planning? Would you like to attend a Discovery Day to see the clubs in action?
For more info Email: email@example.com
SEE OUR CLUBS IN ACTION – YouTube The Outdoor Project
|Job Category||Business Opportunity|
|Turnover||Up to £320,000 per annum|