JOB PURPOSE: The Experience Days Officer is part of a UK wide team delivering high quality STE(A)M engagement programmes and events to schools/colleges. This role involves delivery (face to face and virtual), event organisation and administration.
ABOUT EDT: EDT is an educational charity established 30+ years ago. We are going through an exciting period of transformation. We are looking for a motivated and creative person to join our dynamic School Programmes Team and work with our partners and volunteers to create and deliver our project and experiences to young people interested in STEM and future (META) skills.
Young people are at the heart of what we do and through providing industry informed, curriculum enhancing learning experiences, we help them develop personal and interpersonal skills, fulfil their potential, and make informed decisions about their future.
By joining EDT, you will have the opportunity to support thousands of young people each year. You will also be able to influence the direction of our charity through creative and brainstorming sessions opened to all employees.
Salary: £20-27K, depending on skills and experience.
Benefits: 25 days annual leave per year plus bank holidays; pension (up to 10% employer contribution); life insurance (3 times annual salary); hybrid and flexible working; well-being support.
Location: Birmingham or Welwyn Garden City. Currently mainly home-working and, with restrictions lifted, moving to hybrid model.
Hours: Full time (37.5 hours per week) with flexibility for early starts, overnight stays and evening work.
- Delivery interactive virtual and face to face STEM programmes for Key Stage 2-4 with up to 120 young people per session – this will form about 80% of the role
- Organising student events at various locations including schools, universities, employer premises and other appropriate venues
- Establish and cultivate relationships with key schools and colleges, building and sustaining excellent working relationships with designated lead contacts where pupil outreach and intervention is delivered
- Provide a delivery role to events delivered through wider EDT activities during peak periods
Visit us online www.etrust.org.uk
- Contribute to the expansion and development of an inspirational, hands-on, virtual or face to face activities for young people by creating new and exciting additions to our programme ·Using our CRM system to manage delivery, reporting and track progress ensuring it is up to date
Competencies and Attributes
- ·Professional and proactive, with a real pride in quality of work
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Dynamic and engaging presentation skills with confidence to deliver activities to large groups of students (120+)
- Experience in an educational setting
- A team worker who can liaise and collaborate with colleagues and other stakeholders ·Organised- can manage workload and deadlines and demonstrate effective time management ·Attention to detail and good IT skills (databases, CRM, excel)
- Energetic and committed with a clear focus on achieving results
- Positive and resilient attitude
- Experience of writing curriculum-aligned content is a strong advantage
- Experience in the third sector and/or youth sector desirable
The successful candidate will be required to fulfil an enhanced DBS/PVG check and should hold a clean driving licence. As the role requires regular travel offsite around your region and occasionally other parts of the country (possibly involving overnight stays), access to reliable transportation is essential (own car preferably).
How to apply: Please submit your CV and a one-page covering letter which outlines your specific interest and ability to successfully fill this role: email@example.com
Deadline: 5th November 2021 – interview dates scheduled as applications arrive
|Job Category||Educational Charity|
|Salary||£20,000 - £27,000|
|Location||Birmingham or Welwyn Garden City|
|Deadline||5th November 2021|