A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join Barking and Dagenham School Improvement Partnership (BDSP) – a dynamic and growing social enterprise in the new role of Events and Marketing Coordinator. You’ll be responsible for coordinating and promoting a programme of training courses, conferences, professional networks and other events for a well-established client base of teachers and young people. Working with a team of experienced educational professionals, you’ll be driving best practice and ensuring high quality across all of BDSIP’s key service areas, including school improvement, inclusion, careers and work experience.
You’ll be someone who is passionate about education with experience in events management, marketing and/or content creation, who is self-motivated and willing to work flexibly and confidently across multiple projects to meet the needs of our customers and the business. You’ll have strong communication and impeccable organisational skills, the ability to turn ideas into reality, and you’ll be excited by the opportunity to bring your expertise and enthusiasm to shape a new role in this business.
This role offers excellent scope for personal development and growth as well as the opportunity to drive forward BDSIP’s mission to deliver consistently excellent services to schools and the best possible outcomes for young people in Barking and Dagenham.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring all course and publicity materials are produced to the highest standards and in accordance with BDSIP’s brand, reflecting and reinforcing our ambition to be the training provider of choice across the borough and beyond.
- Planning and executing excellent event marketing through online channels: creating content and writing copy where required and using customer relationship management (CRM) data and local market intelligence to identify target clients.
- Working with senior business leaders and a team of experienced educational professionals to develop course content, BDSIP’s house style, templates and high-quality resources for events.
- Building and maintaining a network of high-quality delivery venues, managing the relationship with each venue to ensure BDSIP receives the best experience and pricing.
- Overseeing all aspects of client liaison, including speakers, sponsors and delegates. Ensuring clients have a premium event experience through seamless customer service.
- Ensuring up-to-date course and event information is available on BDSIP’s website and managing course bookings – both online and through telephone enquiries etc.
- Attending key events to manage event delivery, including all aspects of audio visual.
- Manage event evaluation to ensure customer feedback drives event content and management.
What we are looking for:
- Demonstrable event/project management and marketing experience or similar.
- Excellent verbal communication to build strong relationships with clients, partners and BDSIP senior staff, including event tutors.
- Strong written skills and ability to present key ideas and events with flair.
- Self-confident with well-developed interpersonal skills, able to negotiate effectively with internal and external stakeholders, including senior staff in BDSIP and its partners.
- Strong creative skills, an eye for detail, and an ability to develop high-quality materials using MS Office, Publisher and relevant specialist software.
- Strong IT skills and experience using social media and/or content management systems to manage online content in relation to BDSIP’s training and events offer.
- Excellent administrative, organisational and time-management skills with the ability to prioritise and work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work effectively both as part of a team, and independently with the minimum of supervision.
- A passion for improving outcomes for young people and understanding of the education sector.
Job Type: Permanent, Full time
Applications: To apply for this position, please send your CV, a covering letter of no more than 600 words outlining how you meet the person specification, and an answer of no more than 300 words to the following question to firstname.lastname@example.org: What are the key factors to consider in order to plan, promote and deliver a successful programme of events?
Closing date for applications: 9am on Monday 22nd July.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted by 5pm on Monday 22nd July.
Interviews will be held on Wednesday 24th July.
Start date: August/September 2019
More information here: BDSIP Website
|Job Category||Social Enterprise|
|Location||Dagenham, London, with some local travel|