We are looking for an exceptional, experienced Biology educator to join Save My Exams as a Content Creator.
This role is a unique opportunity to contribute to the development of resources at a fast-growing Edtech company. In a few short years, Save My Exams has grown to over 30,000 subscribers by building an exceptional product that our users love.
As a Content Creator in our Biology team, you will be responsible for creating engaging revision resources across GCSEs, A-Levels and the IB DP that make studying easier for millions of students across the globe.
This is the role for you if:
- You are passionate about education and are excited to be a part of a growing company that impacts millions of students all over the world.
- You are positive, proactive and open-minded – and like working with people who are the same.
- You want to be challenged to create the best revision content available, in realistic timeframes.
- You take pride in the quality of your work and have exceptionally high attention to detail.
- You’re an outstanding communicator, fluent in both verbal and written English.
- You’re a team player, comfortable working with others and independently, holding yourself and others accountable.
- You have the curiosity and desire to learn new skills.
- You embrace critical feedback and always seek opportunities to reflect on your performance.
- Writing high-quality, engaging biology content which includes:
- Concise Revision Notes that aid students in understanding and consolidating their biology knowledge, from basic principles to the most challenging concepts.
- Differentiated exam-style Topic Questions with student-friendly model answers and mark schemes
- Contributing to the provision of high-quality content to our users, which includes:
- Reviewing and editing content created within the Bio team, ensuring it is 100% accurate prior to publishing.
- Collaborating with the team to build out new courses, organising, structuring and comparing content where relevant.
- Contributing to the overall improvement of content creation processes and operations.
Hopefully, you’ll have some or all of the following:
- 2+ years of experience as a teacher or tutor of Biology
- A relevant degree (2:1 or higher)
- Exceptional written English (Native English speaker)
- The ability to clearly communicate challenging scientific concepts to a student audience.
- Technologically capable and willing to learn.
- High attention to detail and accuracy.
Some extra skills and experiences that would be great for you to have:
- Teaching/tutoring GCSE and/or A-Level Biology courses (or equivalents)
- Experience writing your own exam questions or marking exam papers, ideally as an examiner.
Working for a fast-growing education company is a rare opportunity, one we consider a lifestyle choice rather than a job choice.
Our roles are challenging, but working for a highly collaborative and fully remote company comes with amazing advantages and opportunities.
Here’s what we offer:
- Remote, flexible working. There’s no hard start or end to our working day, and you can work from home or wherever you want! We’re largely UK based but have team members working from all over the world.
- Competitive annual salary, dependent on experience & skills.
- Profit share bonus (paid annually)
- 28 days of annual leave.
- Pension contribution.
- The opportunity to become a part of our highly motivated team with opportunities for career growth and progression. We’re a diverse, talented and friendly bunch who absolutely love (really love!) what we do.
- The chance to develop new knowledge and skills – we’re always learning and we’ll support you to do the same with a personal Learning & Development budget of £500 every year.
- A people-first culture – we’re driven to work hard but we also have fun, with weekly Zoom fitness classes and whole company coffee coolers, as well as quarterly get-togethers in person.
- Most importantly, you’ll have a real opportunity to produce resources that will help empower millions of students to succeed all around the world.
If all of this sounds like what you’d love to be doing, we can’t wait to hear from you! So that you know what to expect from us, our hiring process usually involves the following stages:
- Application form – pretty self-explanatory!
- An assessment task – you’ll use our guidance to have a go creating some content.
- Trial project – we’ll involve you in one of our projects, paying you for any work that we publish.
- Online interview with two members of our team.
We aim to review applications regularly, and you’ll hear either way from us if you’re progressing to the next stage within 3 weeks of submitting your application.
About Save My Exams
Save My Exams is an online education platform dedicated to empowering students to succeed. We produce exceptional resources that are course-specific – we never compromise on this. We support millions of students, tutors and teachers all over the world by making studying easier and more enjoyable. We launched our platform in 2017 and since then we have grown to over 30,000 subscribers (and rapidly growing). Our growth has been driven by an exceptional product that our users love, which is why we get reviews like this:
“A great website, such good summary notes, excellent questions and a great bank of resources. This website by far is the best website I have come across which has a world of resources from every exam board that can be used in so many ways!”
We’re immensely proud to have helped so many students at such an important point in their lives and we’re super excited to continue finding new and innovative ways to help them further.
To apply, click this link: Biology Content Creator
|Job Category||Education Services|
|Location||Remote - Flexible working|